I am a backend and distributed systems engineer currently based in Malmö, Sweden. This blog will contain various articles about software development, on topics such as systems programming, Go, Rust, cloud development or networking.
I am also working on some open source projects, some of which are:
- TicketGuru - a software project management tool that can analyze various issue trackers, such as Jira or Bugzilla; it can parse huge number of tickets, store them in various storage types (e.g. Google Drive, key/value databases, CSV, RDBs), compute statistics, draw graphs based on those statistics;
- DTSsistant - a Google Assistant app for the inhabitans of my beautiful hometown (Drobeta-Turnu Severin, Romania), where people can get answers regarding whatever is happening around the city: events, art exhibitions, interesting trivia about the city or the area etc.; the server is completely built in Go and is hosted on Google App Engine, while the natural language processing and intent extraction and parsing is done through DialogFlow; the code for the server will be available on GitHub as soon as it reaches a stable state;
- SyncTube - command line app that can sync the whole YouTube library of a user and download everything that was either liked or added to a playlist since the last synchronization; the whole tool was built in Go;
- PDF-DOCX-Extractor - web application that can parse a PDF or DOCX and extract all images, tables and text into separate archives; the tool was built as part of the coursework at the university using Java Spring and plain Bootstrap;
- Palgo - Electron app for visualizing and animating common algorithms such as Dijkstra’s algorithm for finding the shortest path between two vertices in a graph.
Some of the stuff I am most interested in and have the most experience with are backend development, Go, Rust, distributed systems, systems programming and cloud-native apps.
I have created this website mainly to contribute back to the awesome world of open source with a main focus on Go, backend development, cloud and distributed systems. I really hope that the blog posts I will be writing will help someone someday 🙂.
If you would like to find out more, please take a look at my resume.
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!